BitMart faces Aug. 19 deadline over withdrawals and user funds

0
5

BitMart is facing growing pressure from both users and employees, who are demanding answers about customer funds, withdrawal issues, and unpaid staff compensation.

A public statement addressed to BitMart founder Sheldon Lee and executive Yi Li calls on the exchange to provide clear information about its financial position by Aug. 19. The group says many users are still struggling to access their funds, while some employees claim they have not received salaries or compensation owed to them.

The statement asks BitMart to publicly disclose its assets, liabilities, wallet addresses, and the amount of reserves available to meet customer withdrawal requests. The group is also requesting an independent third-party audit to verify the exchange’s financial condition instead of relying solely on company statements.

One of the biggest concerns raised involves reported withdrawal restrictions. Users want BitMart to explain why some withdrawals have allegedly been delayed or blocked and when management first became aware of the situation.

The group is also asking whether the company continued encouraging customers to deposit, trade, or keep assets on the platform after learning about any potential withdrawal or funding problems.

These concerns come shortly after BitMart announced plans to gradually shut down its trading platform after nine years in operation. In July, the exchange said it would stop accepting new registrations, deposits, and new trading activity while continuing to allow customers to withdraw funds during the wind-down process.

According to the company’s timeline, trading services are expected to end on Aug. 26, while the full shutdown process is scheduled to be completed by Jan. 31, 2027.

BitMart previously said some withdrawal issues were related to enhanced risk controls and security checks. The exchange stated that certain accounts were being reviewed as part of efforts to prevent abuse and suspicious activity. It also warned that a high volume of withdrawal requests could lead to longer processing times.

However, the latest statement argues that users need more than explanations. They want proof that sufficient assets remain available to cover customer balances and withdrawal requests.

The group also called for a review of accounts, companies, trusts, and other entities that may have handled funds connected to BitMart users. Questions were raised about the ownership and movement of certain funds, with the statement asking for clarification regarding accounts allegedly linked to company leadership.

At the same time, the authors emphasized that these questions should not be treated as proof of wrongdoing. Instead, they are calling for transparency and an independent investigation to determine the facts.

Employee compensation has become another major issue. According to the statement, some staff members have not received salaries from the previous month or compensation related to the company’s shutdown.

The group argues that employees should not suffer financial losses because of decisions made by management and says all earned wages and promised compensation should be paid in full.

The statement also demands a detailed repayment plan for customers. Users want the company to disclose how much money and crypto remains available, how much is owed to customers, how repayments would be prioritized, and when the process would begin and end.

In addition, they are requesting confirmation that an independent auditor will review the figures and oversee the process.

The Aug. 19 deadline has become a key date in the dispute. If BitMart does not provide what the group considers a complete and verifiable response, the authors say they may share documents, transaction records, and other materials with regulators, law enforcement agencies, legal representatives, and media organizations in multiple jurisdictions.

For now, users and employees say they are looking for transparency, accountability, and a clear plan that explains how customer funds and outstanding obligations will be handled as the exchange moves toward its planned closure.